Thursday, April 12, 2012

Review for Tech Writing - "Cut and Paste" to your own document

QUOTATION MARKS RULES REVIEW              Name:____________________
Assignment:  Add and fix quotation marks, commas, capitalization, italics, and other punctuation in the sentences below.  PRINT

1. Do you know Dorothy Porter's poem The Ninth Hour?

2. “Of all the poems in my latest book she said this is the best. It's very dramatic she added

3. Lee's lecturer asked him why he hadn’t handed in his assignment.

4. Who said To be or not to be, that is the question asked Dr Meehan.

5. In his article Punctuation Tips Smith discusses the importance of commas 

6. Turning towards his student, he said Don’t leave yet He was frowning and clearly disapproved of something

7. Why haven’t you referenced that book he asked

8. I forgot where I got the quote she answered

9.  Have you ever seen the Statue of Liberty? Jerry asked.

10.  “I’m not going to the movie Hunger Games,” Tom said, Because I don’t have any money.”

11.  Mom is watching reruns of I Love Lucy on TV, the little girl said to the man at the door.

12.  Why don’t you go over to Kim’s house after school? Sally asked.

13.  Did Kara say, I can’t figure out problem # 9”

14.  Mrs. Curtiss said “Quotation marks can be complicated.

15.  I hope this wasn’t a test said Bryce.